Project Size: 14M
Client: CD Smith Construction
Owner: City of Waukesha
Trades: Plumbing and HVAC
- Complete remodel and expansion of the Administration Building and new Laboratory.
- Complete remodel of the digester complex including installation of all new mechanical systems, Additional Egg Shape Primary digester, new membrane gas holding cover, and new gas handling and safety equipment.
- New high speed turbine aeration blowers and control systems, and new stainless steel air mains.
- New solids handling equipment including the installation of a digested sludge centrifuge.
- New bar screens, primary pump valve rehabilitation, sand filter automatic valves, and rebuilding of two final clarifiers.
- New HVAC in all buildings.
1901 was highly involved in the overall project schedule to keep the plant in operation during the project. Zero permit violations were recorded during construction. Complex jobs like WWTP reconstructions take extreme amounts of planning to keep the process flow continues throughout the project. Like chess, any one wrong move can cause a checkmate by either completing a portion of the project too soon, or too late. The project team relied upon the in-house engineers at 1901 to guide the overall sequence of the project. As such the project team kept the plant in operation even though almost every pump and every control component was replaced throughout the project.